Today I felt the urge to write a blog post without knowing what my topic would be. I opened my laptop and asked, "what am I supposed to write about?" and I heard, "talk about the way in which we'll send signs to you guys". The way in which I choose to write my blog posts are typically inspired or channeled by Spirit, while adding my own personal flair (of course). Well, actually, that's the cool thing about this "work" is that Spirit will use your unique gifts to communicate to the audience that will resonate with you. So, in truth, Spirit and I are One so the communication is always coming from both.
Spirit is always sending us signs and symbols to let us know that we're not alone, and that we're being supported by energies unseen. The signs and symbols can come from a variety of sources including loved ones who've crossed, spirit guides, spirit animals, angels, and/or ascended masters who are working with you, and more. These beings are itching with the desire to communicate to you that they're with you and present in your life.
In my mediumship readings, clients' loved ones will often come through and mention specific ways in which they've been communicating with their loved one (my client) since the time of their passing. Oftentimes, the spirits will also tell me that their loved one questioned whether it was really them or not. For example, I had a spirit come through in a reading who prompted me to mention to my client that she had been around the client in her home, so much so that the client would see fleeting shadows. The spirit then communicated to me that my client had known deep within that it was indeed her loved one, but that she had dismissed it with her rational mind. The client was able to confirm these details. But, this isn't a unique experience that this client had, because the truth is that most of us are receiving signs and symbols all the time, but we've been TRAINED not to listen and/or believe our intuitive senses.
Now, the signs and symbols don't always come through in the form of LITERALLY seeing loved ones' shadows around our home (nor does everyone want this experience, even though there is nothing to fear). So, don't freak out. Most often, spirits communicate in ways that are a lot more gentle and subtle. Let's explore a list of some of the most common ways in which Spirit will communicate with us!
1. Music - A very common way in which Spirit (which includes all of the energy beings mentioned above) will communicate is through music. This can include hearing songs on the radio or tv in which the song lyrics resonate with EXACTLY what you're going through or needing to hear. Or, it can actually be Spirit bringing through a very specific song that they listened to or that you feel connected to in some way. For example, with one person I was reading for, I kept hearing the song "You Are My Sunshine" in my head over and over again. I almost didn't mention it, because my ego-mind was kicking in thinking "how is this related?", but thankfully I did. She ended up welling up with tears and letting me know that her grandpa used to always play her that specific song on the harmonica. It was such a beautiful moment where I realized the power of music (once again) and how Spirit will use it to let us know that they're with us.
2. Repetitive Numbers- Wow, this method of communication has certainly been heightened in my life for the last 9 months. I know a lot of other people have also been experiencing an increase in seeing repetitive numbers. This is most definitely another way in which Spirit communicates with us on our path. Numbers coming in 3s often have very significant meaning- 333, 222, 444, 777, 111 and so on! Seeing repeated numbers in 3s is absolutely significant, and each combination of numbers has its own unique meaning. For example, 444 is often related to letting you know that your angels are present with you or that you're being guided by angels. While 111 can be a symbol to let us know that we're on the "right track" and that we're in alignment with our highest good. The ways in which these repetitive numbers come to us can vary- from seeing it on a license plate, to a building number, or to the amount of likes you received on an Instagram post (hehe), and more! Be conscious of what repetitive numbers you've been seeing, and google it to discover what messages you're being sent! I really like www.willowsoul.com for help with deciphering special numbers.
3. Nature Symbols- This is one of my favourite methods of communication from Spirit. It makes me feel so warm inside to know that our loved ones and other beautiful beings can actually use nature to communicate to us. For example, one of the ways in which my grandma communicates with me is through dragonflies. Now, it doesn't mean SHE IS THE DRAGONFLY. It means that she will send dragonflies to me or inspire me to look in a certain direction or go outside at exactly the moment where the dragonfly will come into my awareness. It always happens to be when I've thought of her, or when I'm really needing reassurance or comfort. I just FEEL it deep inside, and I've also had other mediums confirm my grandma coming through to me in this way. Each person has their unique signs from nature. Yours could include, but are most definitely not limited to, seeing butterflies, dragonflies, specific birds, rainbows, clouds in certain shapes/formations, sunsets, and more. It sounds really cheesy, but I promise you that Spirit is highly intelligent and certainly uses nature to send us messages and comfort.
Now, this most definitely is not an exhaustive list of the MANY ways in which Spirit communicates to us, but these are some of the most common ways in which they do so. I'd love to hear in the comments how your loved ones and/or Spirit communicates to you!
I hope you found this helpful, and at the very least, that you received the message today that your loved ones ARE with you and that you most certainly are being supported at all times.
PS- Spirit also uses PEOPLE to send messages, so if you're reading this today, it could possibly be because you needed to hear that Spirit is with YOU today.
Has anyone felt a certain degree of- what will I call it- INTENSITY during this transition into the New Year? If you have, you're not alone. As we move into 2019, the energies surrounding this transition are incredibly powerful. You have the ability to use this time to your advantage in order to both release what no longer serves you AND to upgrade your vibration for the New Year. This year has the potential to truly be the best year of your life yet! The energy of 2019 carries with it the potential and opportunity for increased communication, creativity, socialization, abundance, joy, and new beginnings (often in the form of new relationships, engagements, marriages, babies, new fulfilling careers, etc). In order to prepare yourself for your "vibrational upgrade", I'm going to list below some points of focus, techniques, and habits you might try utilizing to help yourself move into 2019 with both grace and ease.
1. Release, release, and more releasing- The reason why many of us have had some intensity come up in the last couple of weeks is because we're all being guided to release that which no longer serves us. If you've been feeling anxious, depressed, and/or uncomfortable lately, just know that you're not "regressing" or wrong for feeling this way. It's completely normal AND necessary for these feelings to come up. The reason being is that these uncomfortable feelings are signals to what needs to be released. So, please don't judge yourself and beat yourself up (as I did, at first, until I tapped into my intuition as to WHY I was feeling this way)- instead thank your "shadow self" for bringing you clear instructions on what needs to be released. As these feelings come up, instead of pushing it down or hiding from it, sit with it with a sense of openness. So, what does that mean?
Well, for starters, I will actively lower my shoulders, open my chest, and breathe deeply when I have uncomfortable feelings arise. It's my signal that I'm willing to look at what's coming up, rather than hide from it. The truth is that these feelings cannot hurt you in any way, shape, or form. These feelings are just a fearful part of you that is yearning to be seen and heard. So, sit with it- it won't bite. The simple act of sitting with your feelings will help to diffuse the energy. If that resonates with you, do that. For me, I'm quite verbal (says the blog writer- obviouslyyyy) so I like to say verbally or in my head, "I recognize that I'm feeling anxious/fearful/upset/sad. I don't want to hide this part of me anymore. I'm willing to look at these feelings with Spirit, and any beliefs that are attached to these feelings that are no longer serving me, in order to see the Truth". It's as simple as that. If you receive insight into what those beliefs are, you can use those statements in your releasing. However, if you don't, just trust that Spirit has your back and knows what needs to released! It's all one practice after another into placing trust into Spirit instead of our Ego-mind.
2. Get clear about your intentions through feelings- Now that you've released what no longer serves you, you have the beautiful opportunity to get clear about what it is YOU DO want in 2019. I encourage you to focus on the feelings and beliefs you want to hold in this New Year, and not only the physical goals. For example, if you're really hoping to attract a new job/career in 2019, focus on the feelings you'd like to have in this new venture. Do you want to feel the joy of working collaboratively with a team? Do you want to feel inspired in your work? Do you want to feel the gratitude of being in service of others? Do you want to feel the excitement of taking on a leadership role? Whatever it is for you, write it down, and take some time to tap into the FEELING of what you desire. Even if you engage in this exercise for 5 minutes a day, you will begin to call this into your life.
Your body doesn't know the difference between something happening in your physical reality or in your imagination, it creates based from the feeling space. So simply saying to yourself the affirmation of, "I'm working in a job where I am collaborating with a team" while still feeling lack and unworthiness is not going to attract that into your life (or it will take much longer than necessary). You have to FEEL the energy of this and the gratitude of how that feels in order to call it in. Now, don't feel discouraged if you don't know how to do this. Simply try it. And, like anything else, the more you practice getting into a new FEELING space, the easier it will be the next day when you do it. If anyone is interested in this theory, please check out www.drjoedispenza.com for more information. He has some life-changing guided meditations that I recommend to absolutely everybody whose seriously looking for growth and positive change in their life. These meditations and this exercise have truly changed my life!
3. Invest your time with people and activities that light you up- One of the greatest things about the New Year is that it's a great time for self-reflection. Now, if you're like me, you're already engaging in A LOT of self-reflection (sometimes too much even), but the energy of the New Year is different and special. It's an opportunity to really put your time and energy into new habits. New Years resolutions are not an idea that is new or novel by any means, but I would encourage you to really focus on what brings you joy when creating your "resolutions". Yes, of course things like eating better and exercising more are always going to be on the list. But, this year, instead of more of the same types of resolutions that you probably never stuck to in the past, focus on what LIGHTS YOU UP. Because the truth of the matter is that if you're engaging in more things that bring you joy, you will naturally begin to attract better eating habits and ways to move your body in meaningful ways because you'll be happier. It'll all begin to fall into place when joy is your goal.
Try writing out a list of all the people, places, and activities that bring you joy and make reasonable (ahhhhem- achievable) goals to engage in these things. Maybe this means once a week going for a walk in nature because it feels so good to connect with nature, once a month setting up a date with that friend that you don't see often but who inspires you immensely, trying that new dance class that you've seen on Instagram but have been too scared to try, or WHATEVER that might be for you! I promise that if you invest in joy, your whole life will begin to change.
I hope these suggestions are helpful to anyone hoping to make 2019 the very best year of their life! We have such an unlimited capacity for growth and joy, and I truly wish that for all in the New Year!
As promised, today’s blog will highlight some of the strategies, beliefs, and techniques I’ve been using in the last year that have been helping me tremendously in my recovery from anxiety. I speficially use the term “recovery from anxiety” because I feel like the language that we use is important. Corrine Zupko, blogger from Anxiety To Love, often uses this term in describing her experience. The first time I heard that, it brought so much faith and hope to my heart and that is precisely why I use it now- in the hopes of expanding that feeling in myself and others.
Helpful strategies to diffuse and change the experience of anxiety (remember, it’s NOT you!):
I guess I should start this blog by introducing myself. Je m'appelle Kayla Wolfe. I'm an (almost) 28 year old woman living in Winnipeg, Manitoba (look it up). I've always been obsessed with all things spiritual, esoteric, and other-wordly... basically- the weirder, the better! I'm French. I'm married to an awesome conscious man. I'm a teacher, in the classical sense of the word, as I teach Grade 5, and I'm going to boldly state (FOR THE FIRST TIME) that I'm also a spiritual teacher through the work that I strive to do. The cool thing is that you don't have to have it all figured out to be a spiritual teacher because the learning never ends. AND, what I teach and extend to others, I also extend and heal in myself. I used to think that if I hadn't reached "enlightenment", what right did I have to teach others? But I had it all backwards. My flaws and my struggles make me the perfect teacher to whoever needs to hear my message. It demonstrates to others who also struggle with anxiety, fear, and/or depression that IT'S POSSIBLE TO HEAL.
I’ve chosen to write a blog in the hopes of documenting my healing and recovery from the experience of anxiety. I feel that in writing this blog it will keep me accountable to my healing, as well as perhaps help others that may somehow stumble upon this blog to know that others have shared experiences and that you are not alone.
I’m sure my story and struggle with anxiety will be more in-depth as I write more blog posts. For now, I will just briefly state a little bit of my history of anxiety. I was always a creative, happy and outgoing child but I always worried. I can recall being very young and having worries about various things. For example, if I had a babysitter and my parents weren’t home at exactly the time they said they would be, I would assume they had gotten in a car accident. Or, I would fixate on one thing said by a friend and analyze it to death. I remember being around twelve when I noticed a mole I had had since I was young looked a little different and telling my mom about it terrified and assuming it was cancer. This began my struggle with health anxiety, though the health worries layed relatively dormant for most of my teenage life and early adulthood. It came back roaring about four or five years ago at the age of 23 or 24. I purposely use the term “experience of anxiety” instead of “I have anxiety” as I know anxiety is not truth, it is the Ego-mind wrecking havoc. I have been using spiritual healing, I've tried cognitive behavioral therapy, acupuncture, and everything in between to distance the experience of anxiety from my life.
I’ve found that in reading blogs and the exerperiences of others that are similar to mine, it has helped tremendously. Shoutout to a blog that has been helping me tremendously: fromanxietytolove. My blog will center around mainly spiritual and some cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques that I’ve learned from a variety of sources, as well as document my day-to-day experiences with choosing Love over anxiety. I will also highlight the teachings of A Course in Miracles as this has been the most life-changing spiritual practice that I've ever engaged in. I, of course, still have my moments where I choose fear and Ego over Love, but the amazing truth is that in the last year, I have begun to experience Love more than fear for the very first time in my life.
Every blog and every teaching that has resonated with me thus far has included the practice of “letting go” in some shape or form. There are many ways these teachers describe this process- each one unique with its own language and procedure. However, it still shares that commonality of diffusion from Ego’s thought system and distancing oneself from the thoughts of the Ego-mind. A Course in Miracles also does just that. It is a self-study spiritual system that gentry and gradually removes the blocks in our thought system from Fear to Love through letting go of Ego thoughts and beliefs so that we become aware of Love's presence within. I truly believe it is possible to recover from anxiety and to live a full and peaceful life in the presence of my True Self. I hope to document those experiences and to be fully honest in my moments of peace but to also share the moments where Ego seems to be talking loudly.
Next post I will share some of the techniques I’ve been using in the hopes that others can try them, too!
Peace to you.